Saturday, August 17, 2013

A New Look For Oak Lawn Real Estate Website

Oak Lawn Homes & Real Estate website

I've been making a lot of website changes lately, and I picked the wrong time to do it.  Oak Lawn real estate has been hot lately and I chose the busiest time of the year to make changes to multiple websites, as you can see in this blog.  I still have one more to go.

This is my first real estate website I ever created.  At the time, I was living in Oak Lawn and created a website that covered this popular village (has the most sales of the main southwest suburban area I work in) and the surrounding towns.  

Because it was such a niche site it was #1 in Google if you did a search for Oak Lawn real estate.  Things have changed with recent Google algorithm changes and the big portals that have deep pockets, and although the site is still on the first page it has lost it's number one position.  But it is still the 1st local website that shows up in a normal Google search in the regular (not local) results.  I get a lot of business from it.

Why did I make all these changes?  I believe in creating what is called hyper-local sites for my main areas.  I think with the Google changes and competing against these big portals, it is more important for us "little guys" to try to beat them in local organic searches.

I feel I'm providing the best information for Oak Lawn real estate than those big real estate websites can.  I know the village first-hand as I grew up there and lived there as an adult for many years.  Both my team-mates, my husband and daughter, also lived in the village for many years.

If you're interested in searching for Oak Lawn homes, give Judy Orr a call at 708-536-8200.  We are your Oak Lawn REALTORS.


1 comments:

StevenHWicker said...

It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Townhomes for sale orland park IL