Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bait and Switch Weather

The sky was the bluest I've seen it in a long time with nary a cloud.  The sun was shining so brightly I made sure I had my sunglasses.  I got into my car from my attached garage and made my way to show Orland Park homes for sale.

My buyer was late so I did some work on my iPad.  The door stood open on the first house we were viewing, so someone was home even though I was given a lockbox combination (but was told to knock first).  I realized it was windy as I was fearing the for sale sign was going to blow off and hit my car.  I almost moved my car to avoid any potential damage.

windy day showing Orland Park homes for sale
My buyers pulled up and I waited for them to get out of the car before I proceeded to greet them.  It was then that I felt the sharp sting of the extremely cold wind hit my face and blow my hair all over.  Even though I could see it was windy, I didn't realize how cold it was as the sunny sky belied the true temperature and I was nice and warm in my car.

I had to stop at my favorite Orland Park health food store on the way home.  I wanted to make a quick trip to Trader Joe's but didn't want to fight that cold wind any more and drove home.

I'm not a good representative of a Chicagoan who is supposed to be used to this kind of weather.  In fact, depending on when we visit our 2nd home in Scottsdale AZ, I get cold there too!  I've said it before and I'll say it again - I really hate winter.  I wish I could be a snowbird right now and sell Scottsdale real estate during the winter months and come back home to the Chicago suburbs during the spring warm-up through the beginning of winter.

One of these days...

0 comments: